Well, I know it's been FOREVER since my last blog post and there are only exciting reasons for that. I have decided to focus all my time on Nourish Through Nature! One of my newest projects is writing a monthly column for the Fernie Fix Magazine. Check out my article's here!
In my most recent article I gave one of my recipes for a tasty energy ball...
Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls
Makes 20 balls
½ Cup raw almonds
¼ Cup raw walnut pieces or more almonds
¼ Cup of hemp seeds
10 pitted medjool dates
2 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
½ tsp vanilla extract (or ¼ tsp vanilla powder)
¼ Cup raw cacao powder
1 Tbsp filtered or spring water
1 good pinch of Himalayan sea salt, don’t be shy
1 tsp wheatgrass powder or unflavoured greens powder (optional)
⅓ Cup unsweetened shredded coconut (for rolling)
- Combine almonds, walnuts and hemp seeds in a food processor or blender and process into a fine meal.
- Add the dates and process until well incorporated.
- Add remaining ingredients except the shredded coconut and combine until dough is formed. Place shredded coconut in a small bowl.
- Roll into 1 tablespoon balls then roll each ball in coconut to coat.
- Place your energy balls in a air tight container in the fridge or freezer. Keep refrigerated until serving.