If you feel that tickle in your throat this is a great shot to take throughout the day. I enjoy this warm like a soup broth-like tea. Read more in my Fernie Fix Magazine article here.
The Flu “Shot” Immunity Elixir
- 10 cloves garlic
- 3 coin size pieces of ginger
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ Cups water
- 1-2 Tbsp raw unpasteurized honey (if you add vinegar, increase the amount of honey)
Optional add ins:
- 1 immune boosting herbal tea bag (Echinacea, rosehip, cinnamon, turmeric)
- 1 tsp of reishi mushroom powder
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (containing the mother)
- 2 oz goji berry juice
Place peeled garlic and coins of ginger on a cutting board. With the end of a knife, smash the cloves and coins to release their volatile oils and juices.
Add the water, ginger and garlic to a pot and bring to a boil covered. Add an immune supporting tea bag or reishi mushroom powder at this point. Simmer covered for 10 minutes.
Remove pot from heat and let it cool to room temperature. One liquid is cooled to a warm tea, strain and stir in honey and lemon juice. Drink a shot or sip throughout the day. Feel free to eat the garlic too! This lasts for 4 days in the fridge.